SO here's a couple things you should know about volunteering...
- It doesn't take much time. About as much time as it takes to meet someone for a cup of coffee.
- If we ask you to meet with a newcomer and you don't have enough time - you can say "No." We'll just ask you again, when another newcomer comes along who looks like a good match for you.
- It doesn't matter that you haven't had newcomer greeting training... we'll do that for you and make sure you know what you're doing before you have to greet someone.
- You can meet lots of cool, new people this way... as well as feel good about how you spend some of your free time!
And if you STILL feel like it's not right for you... there are other ways you can help.
- Know a place that expats frequent where we could hang a flyer? Please print the attached document, and hang it up the next time you are there. (Please let me know if you do this so that I don't head there myself! Or tell us where to go, and we'll go hang it up.)
- Are you a FIS mom? Let us know, we're looking for a few of you, you might be able to help...
- Like to write, shop or, um... eat? We are always looking for new items for the expat blog... please let me know if you would like to contribute... it's easy! www.germanyexpat.org